Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Good News Bad News

The good news is that the Tuna finally showed up again. The bad news? Well after 2 weeks of nonexistent Tuna action and weather reports that looked like we would get our head handed to us… I canceled trips for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You guessed it, the weather was good and the fishing was even better!! The Tuna weren't there in big numbers but the ones that showed had BIG NUMBERS when they weighed in. Most of the fish were 150lbs. and up.A few were over 200lb.The Wahoo finally showed up as well, as a matter of fact they showed up in pretty good numbers I guess that's what I get for trying to be straight with my people… Guess I should have just let everyone come on down like planned…..cause the fishing was great… but NOT!! I just can't do that to my customers. One group was coming from Tennessee and the other a bunch good guys from Mississippi, both groups fish with me every year.

Oh well, some days you’re the bug, some day’s you’re the windshield.

It looks like the feds have finally settled on the opening day of Snapper season and wait for it …..wait for it….the big day is June 1 st. If you don't know, Poco Loco Charters has the hard to get and insanely expensive reef permits. Yes!! I am so ready. So claim your dates NOW!!!

The winter Tuna bite should remain good through the end of March so if you have the “itch” give me a call or drop me a line.

I wish you all the best of luck on the waters, be safe and God bless!

Capt. Jerry Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment